Friday, February 10, 2012

Valentine's day mani #1

A few weeks ago I bought a bunch of Joby nail decals for the upcoming holidays -- Valentine's day, St. Patrick's day, and Easter. They looked really cute when they arrived, and I had a few ideas for Valentine's day manicures. Why just have one manicure for the holiday, right?

This is the decal set I used. Holiday Set Valentine #2:



I used China Glaze Winter Berry and some scotch tape for an angled quasi-French tip. And Art Deco gold glitter for the stripe. OMGOSH I can't even begin to tell you how much I love the Art Deco striping brush. It's made my attempts into nail art easier.

I also attempted a marble water on my ring finger as an accent, but I failed spectacularly at it!


Winter Berry is a lush color. It's richly pigmented and you really only need one coat to get maximum coverage. Two darkens it into this rich deep red. Clean up is a nightmare, though. Red is not forgiving when you make a mistake. It also dries super glossy even without a topcoat.

Here are some photos of my outcome. It didn't turn out quite how I had it in my head. As for the decals they work best on polished nails, instead of the half-natural I had. So I have some corner lift on them, but so far they're staying put with a coat of Seche Vite. I also put a few of the decals on upside down. But this was my very first attempt. I'm still learning so I'm okay with this outcome!


This one is my favorite even though I smudged the heck out of it.

My failed watermarble on my ring finger.


You can see some of the decal lift on my middle finger. I put it on horizontally instead of vertically.
Please forgive my horribly dry cuticles. Right after I took these photos I slathered on some oil and lotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment