Monday, February 27, 2012

Oohhhh Nfu Oh!

Many months ago I saw a photo of Nfu Oh 61 and I fell in love. It was beautiful lineal holographic yumminess. Then I saw OPI DS Original and fell even harder. I love the look. It is so sparkly and shiny. I couldn't wait to get my hands on them.

Alas, everything I read said you needed an Aquamix base, and everywhere I looked they couldn't be found. The Nfu Oh Aqua Base was constantly out of stock. For months I anguished. There was Make-Up Store aqua base, but no place to order online (You have to call the store and they charge $10 flat rate. Expensive if you only want one bottle of polish).

So I waited and I stalked Fabulousstreet.com. I despaired for months that I'll never get my hands on them. Ebay was charging over $50 a bottle.

I refused.

And then glory of glory last week I saw fabulousstreet's facebook.

AQUA BASE WAS IN STOCK.

Oh. My. God.

So I went. I saw. I bought.

And then...

...this arrived on my doorstep.

There is no photo of the box because I demolished it trying to get to the goodies inside. Oh Fabulousstreet how you tormented me. So much tape. It took me 10 minutes to get inside, and another 5 to peel the bubble wrap off.


Finally! A bottle!



I had just did my nails, and I couldn't convince myself to waste the weekend mani. So I swatched instead. So pretty.


Nfu Oh Victorian polish Number 066


Nfu Oh Victorian polish Number 065


Nfu Oh Victorian polish Number 064


Nfu Oh Victorian polish Number 063

 

 

 

Finally, today it was time to change my manicure. The Aqua Base is amazing. This was a dream to use and only took two coats. I also have a coat of Seche Vite on. Some say it dampens the holo strength, but I am too dazzled by my nails to notice. I also stamped with BM21 because this polish is a star.

Sunlight



Indoor light
Indoor light


Indoor lighting

Indoor


Look how gorgeous this bottle is. The detail is like a work of art.











2 comments:

  1. Nfu Oh is in the air!
    Lol.. Just 2 days after I made my post of Nfu Oh 64, You post this!

    Aren't the polishes just amazing though! I know I only own one, But I am convinced if the one I own is that amazing, the rest of them have to be amazing too! I know I'm right now, looking at your swatches!

    Your mani is lovely! like the stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL it is! I think cause they just got a stock of all the good stuff in last week (aqua base which was what I was waiting for before making a big purchase!)

    They are GORGEOUS! I'll be wearing Nfu Oh all this week!

    I'm still learning how to stamp. For some reason that one turned out very dusty looking, but the one on my thumb is almost perfect.

    ReplyDelete