Monday, February 6, 2012

My first water marble

Hello everyone!

So after obsessively watching SimpleLittlePleasures and her perfect water marble skills, I decided to try my hand at it. I didn't take photos of the process because I fail. This was my outcome.




The colors I used were: Alpine Snow as my base color. My bulls-eye consisted of OPI Fly, Khloe had a little Lam Lam (which is a gorgeous color), and Re-fresh mint. Then I did a coat of Servin up Sparkle.


Initially I was only going to do an accent finger but I fell in love with how it looked and did them all.

I  got a lot of compliments on this. I even had someone ask me where I got my nails done(!!!!).


Things I learned:

   - Nail polish eats through Styrofoam. I had a drop sink to the bottom of the cup, and it ate a hole through it. So halfway through my water marble I had a lap full of water. Not fun!

  - Glitter hides all flaws. that's why I used Serving up Sparkle. It distracts away from the mistakes I made.

  - Next time I'd use the lighter (or darker) color that I marbled with instead of white.


  - It was easier to do than I imagined and I can't wait to try it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment