Sunday, March 18, 2012

St. Patrick's Manis

I'm having a heck of a time with my nails lately. They keep breaking even though I'm quite good on keeping them moisturized. I'm going to try the olive oil trick that Jilltastic mentioned on my facebook.

Anyway here's another attempt at me doing nail art. I've been rushing all week so I have smudges galore, and it's best not to mention the state of my cuticles.

But I did wind up getting a light tent off of E-bay on the cheap. Here's hoping it improves my pictures!

This is the first St. Patrick's mani I did. I used a bunch of Sinful colors, plus China Glaze Cha Cha. It was a gradient, but right after I'd finished it (before photos) I had a finger nail issue. So you get to see the ruins, much to my sadness. I used decals to hide my terri-bad attempt at hand-painting a four-leaf clover. That's what the blob behind the leprechaun is.



 Left hand.


On a whole I like Sinful polish, but it chips terribly easy even with Seche Vite top coat on.



Here is the mani I wore yesterday on St. Patrick's day. This is my first attempt at using my light tent and tweaking my camera settings since I don't have any tungsten portable lights.

I used the clover image from the Hello Kitty plate I got for free from the Born Pretty store. I wasn't sure what to do color wise so I wound up stamping the clover on my base color in white, and then using a dotting tool to lightly color in the middle areas on the leaf. And just like that I had the colors of the Irish flag on my nails.



China Glaze Four Leaf Clover, Sinful Cloud 9, Konad White. (Not Shown: China Glaze Re-fresh mint)
























1 comment:

  1. amazing nails :)
    I love those designs!

    bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete