Thursday, March 1, 2012

Reverse Purple Glitter Gradient

 I had planned on wearing my Nfu Oh 66 for a few days, but it chipped quickly much to my dismay. So I used it as an opportunity to do a manicure I'd been wanting to for awhile. The ombre aka gradient. Since I was swatching Zoya Megan I decided to go all purple. While I like the normal gradient that has light->dark. I decided to go dark->light.

To do this manicure you will need:
  1. a sponge of some sort. I used Maybelline makeup sponges.
  2. at least 3 complimentary colors: one base color, and two sponging colors.  
  3. scotch tape to make clean up easier. Just tape around the cuticle and sides of your nail.

The actual process of sponging I found really easy. Just daub some nail polish on the edge of the sponge and lightly tap it on. 






Zoya Megan


OPI: Grape Set Match, Lincoln Park at Midnight, Serving up Sparkle

I daubed this one on first covering about 3/4 of the nail.

I sponging this one on second covering 1/2 of the previous color.

This was last to add some sparkle to the darkest area of the gradient. I'm still on the fence if I like the glittery addition.

 
 Lastly finish with top coat. I used Seche Vite.

My results!





My orphaned thumb. She never gets in the photos anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment