Monday, March 12, 2012

Julep Melissa and Brooke

In my last post I mentioned Julep Melissa. I'm still on the fence about it. Then Brooke arrived (from the Classic with a Twist box). Since they are similar in application (used with dark undies) I decided to make this post about both of them.

From Julep.com

Melissa is a sheer opalescent shimmer adds a soft glow when used alone and a high-fashion holographic effect when used over another color.




In the bottle and on camera Melissa looks like a white milky color, but in person she has quite a bit of a pearly green shine too it. I was intrigued enough that I couldn't wait to swatch it.

I painted one of my wheel nails half black and half naked to see how it would look.

This is how it turned out. Over black it almost has a foil finish to it.



Julep Melissa over black


 I think I like it better over a lighter color than dark, though both are very interesting looking.


Next is Brooke which I absolutely adore. 

Brooke is a sheer shimmery purple. Use alone or over another shade to add a modern twist.



Look at Brooke sparkle!


I'll let the swatch speak for me. It's a lovely amethyst topper. I did the same half/half on the nail wheel. Excuse the streaking I was anxious and didn't let the nail try completely.

Julep Brooke over black




All told I would love to try Portia and Emma. Emma is a seashell pink that would go on like Melissa. Portia is a gorgeous tropical blue with a shine like Brooke.

No comments:

Post a Comment